Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volvo Group Global
This position will perform a full range of federal and state income tax compliance functions for various Volvo U.S. companies with multi-state activities. This position is based in Greensboro, North Carolina and is part of the Volvo global corporate tax department.
- Prepare U.S. federal and state/local income and franchise tax returns, extensions, and estimates for assigned companies and process related tax payments
- Prepare combined income tax returns for Volvo U.S. Group in selected states
- Prepare monthly income tax provisions based on IFRS accounting standards and maintain related tax accounts in general ledger
- Prepare quarterly transfer pricing calculations and assist with annual documentation
- Maintain and reconcile tax fixed assets and depreciation
- Assist in researching routine tax issues
- Respond to notices from tax authorities
- Assist with tax audits
- Provide tax-related information and support to various global tax personnel, internal business contacts and external service providers
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrating basic technical knowledge of federal and state tax rules with a general understanding of financial accounting.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required – or higher – standards and pitching-in to get the job done.
- Planning/Organization: Prioritizing and managing tasks to meet deadlines; managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Teamwork: Working effectively with others and sharing information and resources within a matrix and team-based environment.
- Communication: Utilizing effective verbal and written communication skills to influence the actions, decisions, opinions or thinking of others.
- Organizational Sensitivity: Acting based on how individuals and organizational units function and react, using informal systems to get things done and obtaining support of key players.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field from nationally accredited university
- 2-5 years of corporate tax experience with public accounting firm and/or multistate company, including specific experience preparing U.S. federal and state/local income tax returns
- MST, MAC or similar advanced degree preferred
- CPA license preferred
- Proficiency with tax return preparation and fixed asset systems (OneSource and Sage Fixed Assets preferred)
- Proficiency with data manipulation tools (Microsoft Excel required and Alteryx preferred)
- Proficiency with online tax research tools (Checkpoint and BNA preferred)
- Familiarity with accounting or ERP systems (SAP preferred)
Travel to U.S. locations as needed (<>
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?