Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Buyer Indirect Purchasing NA POS
at Volvo Group Global
The Product and Operations Services North America team consists of ten buyers spanning Canada, US and Mexico with global counterparts around the world. Stakeholders for the group are spread across the North America region.
The POS Buyer’s primary goals are to lead, negotiate and execute sourcing activities within the Spare Parts Segment in accordance to the technical specifications of our stakeholders. You will be able to directly influence Volvo’s future supplier base in collaboration with our global counter parts.
- Continuously evaluate the performance of the current supply base, map and identify new suppliers and establish and maintain relationships with the key suppliers
- Lead, negotiate and execute all sourcing activities to the defined project timelines and approved sourcing strategies
- Issue RFQ’s, negotiate an optimal cost level for areas of responsibility and carry out Contract negotiations and management
- Support the development of new segment strategies and lead the execution of actions agreed in these strategies
- Monitor market and technology developments in this commodity and address changes through the strategies
- Collaborate with global counterparts and internal stakeholders in order to get the best possible results for Volvo in terms of Cost, Quality, Delivery and Features
- Mentor peers on team and take on leadership role
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Purchasing or related field
- Minimum 4 year degree with Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field of study preferred
- Ambition the be part of a highly engaged team culture
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge on, or interest in the automotive industry
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Negotiation skills and drive to look for cost improvement opportunities
- Good communication skills and positive mindset with high energy
- Strong interest in developing relationships with stakeholders and team
- Ability to independently drive and complete tasks
- Strategic understanding and thinking
- Analytical skills
- Result oriented
- Honesty and integrity
- French/Spanish is a plus
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?