Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern: Vehicle Geometry Architect Engineer (Summer 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
We are currently looking for a student intern to work with our Geometry Architecture department. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Geometry Architecture department within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineering. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the group manager of the Geometry Architecture department
- Serves in a training and development capacity for more complex and productive assignments
- Assists experienced Geometry Architects in performing investigations in support of Start Cost projects
- Perform Engineering tasks using established procedures
- Initial phase of training and development within area of assignment
- Proficient use of equipment, instrumentation and software/hardware used within area of assignment
- Entry level performance issues with task-oriented, less complicated assignments
- Miscellaneous assignments as training and abilities progress
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing an engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience using a major 3D CAD software preferred (preferably Creo/ProE)
- Valid US Work authorization
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?