Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern: Supply Chain (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
This role creates visibility and accountability of Logistic execution and supplier compliance with the Volvo Group inbound logistical requirements. The logistic resource will work directly with Distribution, Warehouse Administration Support, Logistics, Purchasing and Volvo IT.
This role requires a complete understanding of supply chain management along with a solid understanding of the warehouse inbound logistical process flow within the material management function. This role also requires the ability to make strategic decisions that will lead to process improvements. Within this role there will be frequent contacts and interaction with other functional groups:
- (GILM, MACS) PSKU
- Volvo IT
- Warehouse Quality
- Warehouse Logistic Support
- Monitor internal and external supplier ASN execution within the Volvo Group logistic networks (Message Tracker, MACS,GILM,)
- Trouble-shoot and resolve inbound ASN validation errors. Document and escalate gap.
- Facilitate SCAT (Supplier Compliance Attack Team) meeting
- Provide daily support as the single point of contact for Logistic Material Handler (NRV)
- Work effectively with multi-functional teams in a global organization
- Run compliance reports and update results
- End Summer Project KAIZAN to outline cost saving as a result of continuance improvement activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Willingness to learn MACS, GILM, Mack and Mack Legacy Warehouse Management System
2. Willingness to Learn EDI utilities (Message Tracker)
3. Willingness to Learn Supplier Compliance
4. Proficient skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
5. Willingness to Learn Volvo EDI, Packaging, Packing Slip and Bar Code Label Requirement
6. Proficient skill in analysis, problem solving and trouble shooting
7. Work effectively with multi-functional teams in a global organization
8. Proven experience setting priorities and working independently
9. This position will be located in Greensboro North Carolina.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Industrial Engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?