Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern: Strategy and Innovation (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
VFS’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the financial services industry. The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Financial Services by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Financial Services.
- Must be passionate about innovation, strategy, technology, entrepreneurship, and customer-centric development
- Ability to work in diverse teams and communicating with colleagues located across the globe
- Action oriented: Full of energy for challenges and not fearful of acting. Seizes opportunities
- Dependable and detail oriented: Delivers agreed upon results on time and within scope. Places a high value on getting a job done right the first time
- Integrity and trust: Seen as a direct, truthful individual who presents facts in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences and admits mistakes
- Resourceful: Asks questions and seeks answers with a curious mind. Acts with ‘next-level’ thinking
- Peer relationships: Can solve problems with peers and is seen as a team player who easily gains trust and support and encourages collaboration. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
- Self-development: Personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/her
- Standing alone: Can be counted on and is willing to be the only champion for an idea or work alone on an assignment
- Technical learning: Can learn new skills and knowledge quickly and is good at learning a new industry, company, product, or technology
- Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced colleagues
- Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positively responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Experience from the financial services, automotive, IT, transportation, or consulting industries is highly desirable
- Have experience prioritizing work effectively and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Have proven interpersonal communication skills
- Experience managing complex product development or research projects is highly desirable
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Expert level in Excel preferred. Experience using data analytics and visualization tools (e.g. Qlik, Tableau), SQL (MS SQL Server / Oracle), and Python and R programming languages are all beneficial
- Fully proficient in reading, writing and speaking English, additional languages a plus
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a finance degree at an accredited school. 2nd year MBA student preferred
- Applicant must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship and have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?