Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern: Recruitment (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
This position is responsible for coordinating activities within the recruitment function in HR. This position requires a very strong attention to detail, high level of customer focus, a motivation to meet deadlines, and ability to approach issues with a sense of urgency. Project/time management, decision-making, teamwork and facilitation skills are required.
The internship position begins the Spring of 2020 and the specific work days and hours will be flexible, but agreed upon with the hiring manager. Ideal candidate will be available to work 20 - 29 hours per week.
Exceptional performance during this internship will lead to the intern being considered to continue in this role for the 2020 Summer internship program.
- Assist with administrative aspect of the recruitment process including, but not limited to: interview scheduling, offer letters, coordination of pre-employment requirement, and onboarding assistance
- Work with hiring managers, recruiters, and contacts within our HR service center to select candidates, post jobs, and other tasks related to the recruitment and selection processes
- Compile data reports
- Other tasks as assigned
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration, or a related field, at an accredited school and must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Applicant should be interested in pursuing a professional career in Human Resources
- Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Effective professional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Customer Oriented
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Action Oriented
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?