Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern: Mechanical Engineer CAB Exterior (Summer 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our CAB Exterior team as Intern – Mechanical Engineer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of CAB engineering. As a valued member of the CAB Exterior team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with engineering, design, purchasing and other groups. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the automotive industry. This position will report to the group manager for CAB Exterior.
- Solve real world engineering problems involving the design, testing and/or manufacturing of vehicle exterior parts and systems.
- Manage and administrate design solutions and ideas through a cross-functional network of people and processes in a fast paced environment.
- Maintain and support existing systems, tools, and admin support to other members of the team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Strong interest in Automotive/Trucking industry
Internship Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Mechanical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- This summer Internship requires 40 hours per week from May 18, 2020 through August 14, 2020 and must be enrolled for fall academic classes during the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?