Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern: Macro Developer (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
Develop systems, tools, and macros around current and planned processes. These projects will make use of VBA and VB.NET to deliver a user friendly interface for extracting and logging data. The use of Microsoft Office products, including Access, Excel, Project, and Outlook, is necessary for automation and data manipulation.
- Maintain and support existing systems, tools, and macros. Heavy documentation has been provided by the previous programmer to assist with this responsibility
- Develop interfaces for departmental SharePoint sites
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, analytic and critical thinking skills
- Organize large amounts of raw data to ease analysis for project managers and management
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Access, Excel, Project, and Outlook, is required
- Proficiency with the following programming languages:
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Familiarity with web design concepts and best practices
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing an engineering degree in Computer Science, Software or related field at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the Internship.
- Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer E.O.E./M/F/D/V
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?