Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern: Human Resources (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
The purpose of this position is to assist the Human Resources Team with assignments specific to manufacturing and industrial engineering tasks.
We are currently seeking an exceptional student to work with our GTT Human Resources Team as a Spring Intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of Human Resources. As a valued member of the HR Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the VP of Human Resources and her team. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as, provide an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the VP of Human Resources.
Assignment will begin on January 13, 2020 and continue through May 8, 2020, up to 30 hours per week.
- Perform a variety of tasks related to support of the GTT senior and first line management teams.
- Compile and coordinate confidential data for verification and analysis of HR metrics included recruitment, exits, diversity, statistics, etc.
- Audit personal files for accuracy.
- Assist in development of training materials for management.
- Support and assist in recruitment activities.
- Shadow Human Resource Business Partners for exposure to senior-level strategic tasks.
- Exercise a high level of confidentiality while working with sensitive information.
- Support and work on other HR-related projects.
- Perform other HR duties, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned by management support GTT goals and objectives.
- Attention to detail: provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from the HR team.
- Dependability/Reliability: follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive response to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Human Resources at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?