Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern: GTO Supply Chain Optimization (Summer 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote their career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Trucks Production Logistics through working on important and innovative projects that build experience in project and supply chain management, finance, supplier quality and negotiation. Soft skills, high energy and a positive mindset are key assets for succeeding in this position, across a diverse, multicultural team.
- Manage activities related to carriers and suppliers compliance
- Utilize data analytics to support customers and production plants new transport lanes support
- Support the Logistics Engineers and Data Management Specialists in their day-to-day activities
- Support Continuous Improvement Activities
- Analyze key components of the supply chain (carriers, transport set-ups, spend, etc.)
- Participate in supplier / customer and internal team meetings
- Data Management
- Logistics Engineering
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree (All fields are welcome to apply, different perspectives are essential for success.) The degree must be at an accredited school and the applicant must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Summer Interns are required work less than 40 hours per week.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Analytical skills
- Business case development
- Project management
- Relationship skills (interpersonal/relationship)
- Self-motivated, taking initiative
- Team interaction
- Problem solving
- Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?