Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern: GTO Supply Chain Optimization Prod. Logistics (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
- Manage activities related to carriers and suppliers compliance
- Utilize data analytics to support customers and production plants new transport lanes support
- Support the Logistics Engineers and Data Management Specialists in their day-to-day activities
- Support Continuous Improvement Activities
- Analyze key components of the supply chain (carriers, transport set-ups, spend, etc.)
- Participate in supplier / customer and internal team meetings
- Data Management
- Logistics Engineering
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree (All fields are welcome to apply, different perspectives are essential for success.) The degree must be at an accredited school and the applicant must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Analytical skills
- Business case development
- Project management
- Relationship skills (interpersonal/relationship)
- Self-motivated, taking initiative
- Team interaction
- Problem solving
- Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?