Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern: Finance and Data Analytics (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
The intern will assist with a variety of task oriented work with the Financial Planning and Analysis Team including, but not limited to improving existing processes, performing statistical analysis, and assisting in data pre-processing.
- Work with FP&A and Analytics team to collect project business requirements.
- Interact with different departments as needed to facilitate meetings ask questions, document findings, and perform follow-ups
- Automate the reports and provide alternative solutions.
- Promote data-driven decision making across the team, using tools such as QlikView, SQL, and Excel.
- Build statistical, predictive and machine learning models to drive sourcing accuracy
- Assist the team with the dashboard, analytical projects and data preparation.
- Out of box thinking for business requirements with good analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to work with other business areas (Line of Business, Technical, Senior Management).
- Very good knowledge in Microsoft Office Suites, PowerPoint.
- Experience with analytics applications such as QlikView and/or Tableau is desired; Basic knowledge on working with Oracle SQL would be highly suitable and preferable; familiarity with statistical packages R and Python is a plus. A desire and aptitude to learn these applications is required.
- Seeking 4-year Degree in Finance/Business/Economics/Analytics
- Experience in Analytics or other quantitative disciplines.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry is a plus
- Highly motivated, dynamic person who has a knack for detail, organization, patience and communication with others and is a problem solver
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and dynamic environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must work well within a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analyses implications clearly to a wide audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English; additional languages a plus.
- Analytical skills in understanding the analytics business value of the different analytical levels (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive) for different verticals and customers
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a 4-year Degree in Finance/Business/Economics/Analytics at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Creative thinker
- Passion for execution
- Analytics advocate and passion for covert raw data into meaningful insights
- Highly analytical with desire for solving problems
- Experience in program/project management
- Negotiation and relationship building skills
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?