Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern: Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Testing Technology group as a mechanical engineering intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Testing Technology team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with test engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Testing Technology group manager
- Support in-house calibration of measurement devices using internal equipment and procedures
- Verify equipment during check in/check out process
- Obtaining historical records for calibrated equipment using web based system
- Interface with test engineers to provide instrumentation according to internal workflow
- Troubleshoot equipment that requires repair or replacement
- Fabrication of connectors and harnesses for measurement devices
- Support the group with various administrative tasks
- Instrument trucks with sensors and data acquisition equipment
- Support the development of new testing methods and processes
- Create scripts and macros to automate testing procedures, analysis and reporting
- Create testing “kits” – such as brake timing kit, ADAS kit, etc. in Pelican cases
- Create wiring schematics and diagrams, CAD drawings
- Create wiring and cabling assemblies
- Attention to detail: Ensuring instrumentation is calibrated correctly and report
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a mechanical or electrical degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- This position requires up to 30 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Valid US Work authorization
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?