Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern: Driver & Vehicle Productivity Test Engineer (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Driver and Vehicle Productivity Team (D&VP) as a Test Engineer for Spring 2020. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of validation and verification engineering. As a valued member of the Driver and Vehicle Productivity Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with product engineering and existing D&VP Test Engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the responsible Group Manager.
- The candidate will have a mentor assigned to them and oversee their daily tasks.
- The candidate will work directly with the test engineers focusing on the following:
- Facilitate communication with key stakeholders for assigned test requests to develop proper input for test planning/execution
- Develop test work planners
- Support the setup of data acquisition systems
- Perform test requests with guidance from experienced test engineers
- Data analysis and documentation of testing/results in formal Engineering Reports
- Interface with Vehicle Engineering and Project Management teams to support test scheduling and testing status updates
- Development of test methods and post-processing techniques
- Improvement of current test rigs and instrumentation
- It is preferable that the candidate have experience with the following:
- CAD software
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Data acquisition hardware and software
- Basic understanding of electronics
- Basic automotive mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Attention to detail required when planning and executing test requests. What factors are important, what factors can be controlled, what is desired from test requests, what can be delivered to requestor, etc.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Interns are required to work 30 hours or less per week and must be enrolled in academic courses during the spring semester.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?