Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern: Business Control/ Production Logistics (Summer 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
The second project is they will support our team in coordination of reducing freight cost per truck on a supplier level and assisting with linking that information to our monthly forecasts.
The Business Control internship position will be responsible for working with various Production facilities, Internal partners, and Carriers Activities including, but not limited to, freight rates v. rates invoiced related to shipments in support of manufacturing and use of Volvo’s Business Control reporting tools, statistical analysis in support of Business Control, and operational support within the Business Control team in Greensboro, NC.
About The Volvo Group
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, and construction equipment, drives systems for marine and industrial application, and is one of the world's leading producers of heavy-diesel engines. The Volvo Group, which employs more than 90,000 people, has production facilities in 19 countries and sells products in more than 180 markets.
Purpose of the Position
The Business Control internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the graduate’s career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Production Logistics by working on projects for the Business Control Team. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and full time professionals work together on projects within their selected area of the organization. The internship allows students to integrate their International Business/Logistics knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Group Production Logistics.
- Assist with research and data collection in support of Business Control Invoicing
- Assist with quantitative analysis of Business control financial reporting, Invoice activity, and financial reporting
- Assist with reviewing completeness of data records and validating invoicing files
- Assist with operational project activities in support of business control operation
- Weekly Writing Assignments- Brief written summaries of the learning experiences and project updates will be required
- Project Presentations- Formal project presentations will be required to be presented to peers, management, and senior leaders within the organization
- Mentor Feedback- Throughout the entire summer experience, the mentor will provide verbal and written feedback on performance
- Formal Written Performance Review- At the end of the internship, each intern will be given a formal written evaluation based on their work performance
Skill Set Requirements and Minimum Education Requirements
- Applicants should be interested in pursuing a professional career in International Logistics or Finance
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in International Logistics or Risk Management at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Summer Interns are required work less than 40 hours per week.
- Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Applicants should be proficient in use of web based tools, access db, and mainframe internal systems
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Effective professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?