Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering Group Manager - Chassis Structures and Analysis
at Volvo Group Global
Chassis Engineering in Greensboro, North America, now has an exciting opening and we are looking for a Group Manager to join our department.
Would you like to be part of and lead a strong team in the development of future chassis solutions that includes electrification and automation? Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and challenging atmosphere surrounded by highly skilled co-workers? Does the chance to develop new and advanced chassis solutions for Mack and Volvo Truck excite you?
Then this position may be the right one for you!
Chassis Engineering is a highly skilled team in charge of the chassis development for the North America truck brands in the Volvo Group. We develop components, systems and complete chassis for conventional trucks as well as for electro-mobility and automation.
This position will report to the Chief Engineer for Chassis Engineering Greensboro.
Responsibilities and Main Tasks
As Engineering Group Manager for Chassis Structures and Analysis, you are responsible to lead a team of engineers and deliver solutions for multiple large and small-scale projects.
The team has three main responsibilities. Functionally, the team is in charge of the chassis ladder consisting of frame rails, crossmembers and front towing as well as the suspension for the cab and engine. Secondly, the team is responsible for structural analysis and complete vehicle simulation. Finally, the team leads chassis packaging work. The team works in close cooperation with many different functions and departments.
We are seeking a leader that has a desire to work with and develop people and product, has team spirit along with energy, high integrity, and a strong desire to deliver results. You will:
- Lead and organize the engineering group
- Achieve set goals and all deliveries in terms of budget, time & quality
- Be the Product Owner and lead the roadmap for technical area in North America
- Take an active part in the Chassis Engineering management team and contribute to development of department
- Drive and support resolution of technical and quality issues
- Drive and support technical decisions on subsystem/component level with global and cross-functional network
- Improve and develop interfaces towards other functions and departments in order to make the daily operation more efficient
- Review and approve engineering documentation and deliverables
- Develop personnel and secure competences for future demands and needs
- Implement and develop processes as necessary
- Model and foster desired core values and behaviors
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field, required. Master's degree preferred
- 8+ years of product development experience in automotive industry, preferably in trucks development
- Project management experience is a merit
- Previous leadership experience as a manager with direct reports is a merit
- Good understanding of heavy duty trucks is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
- Builds effective teams
- Drives engagement
- Action oriented
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?