Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Co-op: Quality Engineer (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
Co-op will work directly with Product and Project Quality staff and manufacturing plants personnel. Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Manage small scale projects like: product projects, continuous improvement projects, etc.
- Develop, improve and implement quality methods & tools.
- Monitor and review weekly data based on Manufacturing and Field Quality reports.
- Support Quality and Engineering Organization with necessary statistical analysis tools.
- Performs Quality Engineering tasks using established procedures.
- Initial phase of training and development within area of assignment.
- Proficient use of equipment, instrumentation and software/hardware used within area of assignment.
- Entry level performance issues with task-oriented, less complicated assignments.
- Miscellaneous Quality & Manufacturing Engineering assignments as training and abilities progress.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done.
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Please refer to the Critical Competencies Dictionary for the standard competencies applicable to all positions within Volvo Group North America.
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Electrical or related engineering/technology field at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the program.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?