Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Co-op: Mechanical Engineering (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
Do you feel you could be responsible for developing & maintaining existing vehicle components and mounting systems? We are currently looking for an engineering student to work with our Chassis Equipment & Transport Adaptation Team as a Co-Op – Mechanical Engineer.
The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of mechanical engineering and product development. As a valued member of the Chassis Engineering department within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with Chassis components such as Fuel Systems, Exhaust Systems, DEF Systems, Battery/Power Systems, Steps, Back-of-Cab Access, Quarter Fenders, Mud-Flap Mounts, and the various transport adaptations (Fifth Wheels, Pintle Hitch, Etc.). GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as provide an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the transport solution industry. The selected candidate will report to the Group Manager for Chassis Equipment & Transport Adaptation Team.
- Create or update CAD Models, Part, and Installation Drawings with CREO-Parametric
- Verify component placement and packaging with surrounding vehicle components using CREO-View
- Release components in a formal engineering process to resolve maintenance items or for project deliveries
- Communicate status of upcoming deliveries during Daily Team Leadership meetings
- Apply Quality Tools to components and systems during the design phase such as FEMA, Boundary Diagrams, & Pugh Matrices.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive, responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in additional academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- The Spring program dates are January 13, 2020 through May 8, 2020
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?