Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Co-op: Mechanical Engineering Product Validation Testing (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
Features, Verification & Validation is a global organization using deep customer knowledge to break down customer features into technical requirements. We drive validation plans to reach the requested feature level and secure end customer satisfaction. We also manage the verification plans thanks to world class physical and virtual tests on the complete vehicle such as durability testing in rigs, fuel economy testing, reliability testing with customers and a variety of simulations and tests with trucks on proving grounds and open roads. Our skilled and engaged teams are located in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba, Bangalore and Ageo.
The Product Validation group’s role is to ensure that our truck and soft offers are meeting our customer’s expectations. We do this by performing internally based tests, and also by running field tests with a select group of our customers. As a co-op in the Product Validation team, you should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment while gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering and vehicle validation. As a valued member of the team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with Product Validation group supporting customer field test, internal reliability tests and end to end validation of vehicle systems. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Group Manager for the Product Validation group.
What will you do?
- Work with exciting transport solutions and new technologies, and collaborate cross-functionally with different groups
- Gain experience working in an engineering environment, and learning about Class 8 trucks, their applications, functions, operation and customer expectations
- Enhance your communication and technical writing skills
- Track fleet of customer field test vehicles and create periodic summaries of progress, mileage accumulation, performance, driver feedback.
- Process & analyze data collected from test trucks. Focus areas include fuel economy, climate, duty cycle analysis, and performance metrics.
- Work with vehicle end to end function testing, both in the lab and on the road
- Assist engineers with problem reporting of field tests and reliability tests.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements
- In addition to having a good base of engineering knowledge, the ideal candidate will also be a “hands-on” person and enjoy working with vehicles & data acquisition and analysis
- Able to gather, analyze and present scientific information
- A team player able to lead with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft office products
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Must receive college credit or academic transcript notation for co-op.
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?