Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Co-op: Manufacturing Eng / Technical Prep Eng. (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
The purpose of this position is to assist the Manufacturing Engineering department with limited assignments of specific manufacturing engineering or industrial engineering tasks. Emphasis will be toward design for assembly in new product introduction on the CAB area (BIW, Vehicle Front, Exterior, Interior, and Living).
- Serves in a training and development capacity for more complex and productive assignments
- Assists experienced Manufacturing Engineers in implementation of product changes into the production facilities
- Performs Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering tasks using established procedures
- Initial phase of training and development within area of assignment
- Proficient use of equipment, instrumentation and software/hardware used within area of assignment
- Entry level performance issues with task-oriented, less complicated assignments
- Miscellaneous Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering assignments as training and abilities progress
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Strong writing or communication skills
- Applicants must be undergraduate students currently enrolled and pursuing a BS Degree in Engineering; no work experience required and have at least 30 semester hours prior to the start of their co-op.
- Student should have minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ability to travel frequently to the manufacturing plants
- Personal Qualifications
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?