Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Co-Op: Engineering, Powertrain Validation (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
We are currently looking for a student to work within Powertrain Engineering to assist with Drivetrain Evaluation. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of Powertrain Engineering within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the instrumentation, testing, documentation, and logistics of performance testing on Class 8 vehicles. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the transportation industry. The applicant will leverage different concentrations within engineering to achieve an understanding of the complete vehicle and its performance characteristics. Interest in and basic experience with vehicle operation are required. This position will report to the Director of the Greensboro Powertrain Office.
- Troubleshooting ability and root cause analysis skills to solve complex problems on modern vehicles.
- Creation of and repair of instrumentation and harnessing on-vehicle.
- Assist experienced engineers in development and documentation of testing procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and collaborate well with others.
- Provide status and progress reports to management.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Report generation and data analysis.
- Hands on testing with Class 8 trucks.
- Hands-on experience with vehicles, service, and troubleshooting.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing an engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op/internship
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Must receive college credit or academic transcript notation for co-op
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?