Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Co-Op: Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Spring 2020)
at Volvo Group Global
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), as a part of Volvo Group North America (VGNA), provides state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and product execution to final delivery of complete products, and supports products in the aftermarket.
Do you feel you could be responsible for development and support of vehicle electrical power components and driver controls? Do you have a problem-solving mind and love to dive into challenging engineering problems? Want to dip your toes into the real world of vehicle engineering and development before you graduate?
We seek an electrical or computer engineering student to work with our EEVC (Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity) Hardware and electrical components team to support ongoing product development and sustaining engineering efforts. This role will be responsible for advancing the development of ongoing engineering projects, as well as providing component-level support for prototype development, quality initiatives, aftermarket, and manufacturing.
- Assist engineers with day-to-day development and support activities associated with electrical power networks, electrical power protection & distribution components, HMI controls, and sensor components installed throughout the vehicle.
- Utilize Quality tools to troubleshoot issues, investigate and drive issues to root cause, brainstorm potential solutions, and support test efforts for verification/validation
- Collect and organize data in a manner that simplifies analysis by engineers, project managers, and engineering management.
- Work individually or in small teams to advance development of departmental engineering projects directly or indirectly associated with product development.
- Support sourcing activities as necessary to ensure Purchasing groups are fully supported
Skills and Experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook
- Comprehension of basic electrical AC & DC power systems fundamentals, in a vehicle context
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, analytic and critical thinking skills
- Organize large amounts of raw data to ease analysis for project managers and management
- Demonstrated proficiency with C programming highly desired
- Arduino and/or Raspberry PI experience desired, but not required
Minimum Education Requirements
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing an engineering degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, or related field at an accredited school
- Have completed minimum of 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period
- Ability to work 40 hours per week
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Valid US Work authorization
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Ability to work equally well independently and in teams
- Action Oriented
- Roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Integrity and Trust
- Creative independent thinker that can also thrive in a large complex organization
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?