Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volvo Group Global
The Commodity Senior Buyer is accountable for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base on his/her segments. He/She is responsible to make sure that the segment business plan is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross-functional network during production and after production for Revenue segments.
QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
- Contribute to segment business plan & be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers
- Drive negotiation in order to find extra cost savings (on top of price agreements) by using your owns skills and Purchasing tool box
- Use Volvo Production System (VPS) toolbox to drive efficiency across the supply chain
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts.
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Business Acumen
- Technology knowledge - Axles
- Financial analysis
- Cost Management
- Project Management
- Production & Supply chain
- Quality Management
- Legal Management
- Relevant process & system knowledge
- Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- Experience in Automotive and/or commercial truck Purchasing
- Positive attitude and target oriented approach
- Strong team player and the ability to take initiatives
- Willingness to travel from occasionally to frequently based on ongoing activities
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?