Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Intelligence Architect
at Volvo Group Global
- Deliver enhancements and extensions to the solution and a solid architectural strategy that is
- Architectural design activities include evaluating that the current design meets the needs of the users as well as maintaining and adapting the system and component adding additional functionalities as business cases arise.
- Specific tasks include mapping source systems; define how systems will integrate with existing warehouse solutions, i.e. real time connections vs batch connections.
- Determine if use case is structured around big data or relational data and determine the technologies to be used to create solutions.
- Work directly with technical experts from our BI vendors. 25% architectural assessment and design, 25% developing new technologies 25% mentor and guide development teams, 25% communication and advice to business IT teams.
MUST HAVE WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF HEAVY MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY.
STRONG BACKGROUND IN TRADITIONAL BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE CONCEPTS SUCH AS
DIMENSIONAL DESIGN AND ETL BEST PRACTICES AS WELL AS NEWER ANALYTICAL CONCEPTS AND TECHNIQUES INCLUDING DATA LAKES, PREDICTIVE AND PRESCRIPTIVE ANALYSIS, CLOUD BASED STORAGE, PRIOR EXPERIENCE WITH NETEZZA DATABSE DEVELOPMENT, SQL SERVER DATABASE DEVELOPMENT. ORACLE DATABASE DEVELOPMENT, DATA VAULT ARCHITECTURE EXPERIENCE, WHERESCAPE DEVELOPMENT, MSBI DEVELOPMENT AND INFORMATICA POWER CENTER. BS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE OR BUSINESS.
EMPLOYER WILL ACCEPT ANY SUITABLE COMBINATION OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE EQUIVALENT TO A BACHELOR'S DEGREE INCLUDING A 3 YEAR
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?