Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Controller - Freight
at Volvo Group Global
Mission/Purpose of the Position
The Business Controller, Freight –is primarily responsible for a all financial and controlling related activities for freight and transport expense in Service Market Logistics North America. Business Controller Freight is expected to support and guide management in business decisions concerning traffic and freight management from a financial perspective.
Scope & Influence
- Work with Business Control team, Transport Management Team and the Transport Freight Optimization teams to analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators for freight expense, cost of sales and operational expenses related to transport
- Prepare and manage the planning, forecasting and estimate process for freight
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyze causes of unexpected variances
- Identify and communicate necessary improvements in freight and operational expenses to achieve higher performance.
- Support and provide input into Standard Cost of Sales calculations.
- Prepare computations for monthly freight accruals.
- Prepare monthly year-over-year and quarterly financial bridge analysis and variance explanations for North and South America.
- Prepare monthly Manufacturing Cost Per unit calculation.
- Support Cost Deployment initiatives in the 8 North American warehouses and champion efforts to identify and eliminate non-value added activities related to transport and freight
- Participate in all monthly and global financial reviews.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related field; or equivalent experience
- Although Professional accounting designation is not required, a CPA, CMA or MBA or advanced education is a plus
- Minimum 7 years of financial modeling, planning and/or business analysis experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment striving towards operational excellence
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated abilities in the Volvo Leadership competencies
Necessary Technical/Functional/Language Skills
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
- Advanced Excel skills required, PowerPivot/PowerBI highly desirable
- Experience in SAP and Business Objects required
- ESSBASE, SAP Business Warehouse preferred
- Strong aptitude for working with detailed cost and financial information
- Innovative problem solving and strong analytical and quantitative abilities
- Creative thinking and willingness to adapt and learn new skills
- Ability to multitask and adapt as priorities are subject to change
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with line and senior management
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?