Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Buyer - Uptime Purchasing
at Volvo Group Global
Purpose of this job is to execute purchasing plans and strategies in support of the business objectives. Manages assigned service parts commodities within the supply base to obtain the best combination of price, quality, delivery and support.
- Perform purchasing activities related to service parts orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Drive negotiations in order to find extra cost savings (on top of price agreements)
- Follow-up contracts and agreements with suppliers and ensure implementation
- Reduce current costs while maintaining delivery and quality standards for commodities
- Effectively manage assigned commodities in support of the brands and business plans using development and sourcing processes to achieve established goals
- Provide NA market input as member of sourcing team as needed and continuously assess the business climate and conditions affecting assigned supplier base
- Provide appropriate purchasing support to internal and external customers
- Responsible for the development of existing and potential suppliers
- Contribute to the development of strategies
- Ensure collaboration with production commodity and project purchasing
- Proactive work on supplier risk mitigation and crisis management
- Provide accurate Estimated Time Arrival for critical parts
- Find creative solutions / alternative suppliers to solve parts availability issues to VOR – Vehicle Off Road
- This position reports directly to the Manager Uptime Purchasing NA
- Innovation for Customer success: Ability to be curious, to be innovative and find smart ways to create new solutions and business
- Accountability: Ability to take full responsibility of the results of own job and overall impact, being able to see the bigger picture
- Collaboration & Organizational agility: Ability to be open-minded, share knowledge and support. Encourage collaboration, gain support and solve problem with peers and stakeholders
- Communication & Influencing: Ability to involve, explain, listen, argue, reformulate and answer, in a transparent way with respect for the individual
- Continuous Improvement: Ability to always search for ways to improve, seeking for problem-solving, analyzing both successes and failures, aiming at better efficiency
- Delivering customer value: Ability to be action-oriented and deliver customers value and results
- Communication: Ability to build a clear and structured document adapted to relevant targeted audiences. Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Presentation Skills: Ability to be effective in a variety of formal presentation settings
- Manufacturing & Supply Chain: Understand related supplier manufacturing process flow and steps, controls, tooling and supply chain set-up. Able to run active shop floor visits with waste elimination mindset. Proactively work with supplier capacity assessment and delivery risk management
- Negotiation Skills: Ability to prepare and execute negotiations
- Technology: Understand technical documentation and engineering language. Understand the base technology and production methods
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical or business-related concentration with 1+ years of demonstrated pertinent experience
- Negotiation of contracts and cost
- Cross collaboration
- Organizational skills (MS Office: 1 Note, Excel, PowerPoint)
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?