Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Advance Supplier Quality Engineer
at Volvo Group Global
North America Purchasing is an organization within Volvo Group Truck Purchasing (GTP) supporting Volvo Trucks North America (VTNA) and Mack brands on the purchasing related activities both on Automotive and indirect purchasing.
Supplier Quality & Development (SQ&D) is a global organization within GTP responsible to drive the global supplier base towards premium automotive quality standards. It is also responsible to secure the manufacturing capabilities and capacity of the supplier base, to quality assure the purchased parts and to continuously improve the quality and cost performance of the supplier base.
As SQ&D Member North America Purchasing, you are responsible to drive and manage performance of your commodity from Quality, Delivery, Cost, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management (QDCF-TSR) stand point. You will be an active member Supplier Quality Engineering Team in your area of scope, and secure the suppliers improve their performances; you would also be responsible to bring improvement in the current supply chain process thus creating value for the customer. You will also be responsible to promote a strong collaboration between SQE and Managers within SQ&D globally thereby capitalizing on global knowledge and competence sharing within SQ&D.
This position will report to Group Manager of SQ&D North America Purchasing for Chassis & Vehicle Dynamics, Sheet Metal and Fasteners, and support Supplier Quality as a whole.
- Be a member in SQ&D North America Purchasing team and in an active way you are responsible and accountable for suppliers where you have responsibility
- Contribute to the SQ&D activities in accordance with defined strategies and targets
- Ensure that there is close interaction with suppliers, and develop and work with cross functionally with team to ensure common strategy is driven and communicated to the suppliers
- Ensuring the best Supplier is selected, working with strong collaboration with other team securing good supplier selections done with the Technology & Supplier Evaluation team and buying teams
- Responsible and Accountable in assuring quality objectives are known to suppliers, PPAP, PPAP on time, APQP, Supplier Delivery Precision, and PPM/QPM (Quality Performance Measure)
- Actively support process harmonization and best practice sharing within GTP SQ&D
- Secure quality, capacity and cost targets and KPI fulfillment
- Secure that the quality requirements are transferred to the others department through the quality plans
- Manage QDCF- TSR targets of the supplier
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct and the Volvo Values
- Responsible to keep all part quality information accurate and updated in the Volvo Global Purchasing System
Plans & Aligns
- Decision Quality
- Strategic Mindset
- Instills Trust
- Communicates Effectively
- Provide timely disposition of PPAP documentation submitted by Volvo suppliers
- Responsible to follow up preventive quality action programs when needed and follow up on corrective actions
- Assist and contribute during design reviews and manufacturing feasibility reviews with suppliers
- Contribute to resolving packaging instruction issues and resolve engineering documentation questions or concerns
- Generate and track product or process related deviations in order to support production until full approval and compliance can be obtained
- Review and assist in quality rejections that occur in the manufacturing environment as a result of supplier deficiencies
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing or Product development
- Experience with AIAG cool Tools, APQP experience.
- Knowledgeable in current and future business trends, technology and markets
- Able to execute in a global organization (Preferred)
- Face problems and act quickly and directly. Provide direct & actionable feedback
- University degree in Engineering/technology and/or Supply Chain Managements and minimum 2 years experience
- Or 5 years of technical experience in Quality/APQP/PPAP, manufacturing and Supply Chain Management (extensive experience and strong performance can substitute for lack of diploma)
- Strong Knowledge of Supply Chain Management
- Strong problem-solving abilities and critical-thinking skills
- Effective continuous improvement and zero defect mentality
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Ability to understand and interpret GD&T and well versed in general technical knowledge
- Good knowledge of automotive quality standards and tools such as IATF16949, ISO14001
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Preventive mindset and leadership when it comes to solve problems or to take decisions
- Ability to create networks and to lead cross functional activities within multi-cultural teams
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and strong project management skills
- Ability to work independently
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?