Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Logistics Business Analyst
Provide meaningful analytics and recommendations to customer's account management, with a focus on continuous improvement, freight cost and service optimization. This individual will participate actively with the customer's Transportation Team to generate analysis ideas. They will also utilize their business knowledge to independently determine value-add areas to consider adding focus.
Work with Transplace Operations and Engineering team to use TMS data and knowledge of operational and industry best practices to identify continuous improvement opportunities to optimize freight cost and service. This analyst will work with the internal account team to identify, validate and develop recommendations to share with the customer's Transportation team. These initiatives will be prioritized and implemented to reduce costs, improve service and provide other transportation management value. This analyst will also work with the customer's Transportation and Customer Service Team to drive continuous improvement that may involve customer resources beyond the transportation team (warehouse, operations, manufacturing, sales, etc). This analyst will may also be involved in special projects as appropriate (transportation procurement events, Six Sigma projects, etc).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Develop complex analysis supported through Transplace’s business intelligence capabilities
- Develop and manage weekly metrics by business unit and deliver the metrics via weekly conference calls
- Manage ongoing action logs and associated follow up requirements.
- Serve as primary analytical consultant as requested.
- Perform freight cost, service and carrier management studies,
- Work with engineering and operations team to generate freight market bench marking and determine meaningful KPIs for account
- Work closely with operations teams to develop opportunities for continuous improvement
- Communicate with customers to gather system constraints and requirements.
- Work with engineering to build applications that utilize Transplace optimization tools.
- Conduct consulting projects, as requested
- Develop methods of measuring and reporting operational effectiveness
- Perform ad-hoc reporting as needed
Advanced Experience with MS Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word) Ability to extract data from BI or other DB sources, validate and conduct advanced analytics Strong communication skills, ability to present analysis and recommendations in verbal and written communications to multiple target audiences (operations teams, middle and senior management). Would be a plus: Experience working with advanced TMS systems and knowledge of freight KPI’s. Experience working with BI reporting tools.
- 10 – 15%
- Three to Five Years of experience in freight management and analysis at either a shipper, 3PL or carrier
- B.S. in Business, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or other related field.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle of Transplace, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.