Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior IT Software Developer
- Job ID
- Pos. Category
- Information Technology
- Position Type
- Full Time - Direct
Responsible for all facets of software development for HAECO Americas (HAECO). Drives new development projects to successful completion across the full software development life cycle. Emphasizes creativity and pragmatism in a fast-moving environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Develop quality, robust software that fully meets provided software requirements and adheres to HAECO’s development policies.
- Design and implement applications which correctly implement requirements through effective coding practices.
- Develop and design solid, normalized relational database schemas.
- Suggest improvements regarding software currently in use at HAECO, constantly seeking improvement where it makes sense to do so.
- Interface with internal and external customers to gain an understanding of their software needs.
- Assist in development of HAECO's current software products, including custom in-house web, mobile and legacy applications.
- Develop pragmatic software solutions to complex business problems.
- Assist users in understanding proper operation of HAECO's software products.
- Comply with HAECO's software development methodologies and processes.
- Assist in database or system administration when necessary.
- Provide management feedback in a timely manner and maintain a weekly operations report indicating program project status and results of the previous week's programming efforts.
- Assist in administration of development and production systems.
- Mentor junior and intermediate level software developers.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two (2) years Linux and/or UNIX experience
- Four (4) years database analysis and design experience
- Four (4) years experience with an RDBMS
- Experience with tools from the Java ecosystem
- Three (3) years experience designing and developing web applications
- Experience developing mobile applications
- Five (5) years general programming experience
- Four (4) years educational or professional experience with Java
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two (2) years experience with Hibernate
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with ReactJS and associated technologies
- Experience with the Grails Framework
- Experience with the Git version control system
- Business experience - knowledge of what activities comprise and
maintain systems in a transaction environment
- ERP experience