Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Composites Mechanic, Military Programs
- Job ID
- Pos. Category
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Position Type
- Full Time - Direct
Perform aircraft composite maintenance and/or repairs within budgeted time and at HAECO Special Services (HSS), FAA, and customers' standards of quality. Organizes work plan in an efficient and resourceful manner. The Composites Mechanic is responsible to work in a safe manner eliminating waste and delivering a quality product on time.
- Perform work as assigned utilizing Routine and/or Non-Routine Work Cards and/or Service bulletins within estimated or budgeted hours and within FAA and HSS standards of quality.
- Maintain HSS and customer aircraft maintenance documents accurately.
- Use and operate safely all ground support equipment, (i.e. Man Lifts, Scissors Lifts, etc.) and possess HSS operating certification.
- Read and use Blue prints, Structure Repair manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalog, ATA Codes, Douglas Process Standards, Boeing Materials specifications and Service Bulletins to perform assigned work.
- Understand ply charts as outlined in structural blue prints and their application in composite repairs
- Working knowledge of composite materials, primarily metal bonds
- Know various types of aircraft sealant and appropriate method application for sealant as well as aircraft fasteners and basic methods of installation and suitable substitutions.
- Fabricate parts as required and have knowledge of metal and alloys and where substitutes may be used.
- Layout and perform complex structural repairs that are addressed in the repair manuals and engineering documents.
- Know the proper use of heat control units including autoclave, oven and hot bond kits where applicable.
- Knowledgeable in the proper wear, cleaning, usage and storage of respirators.
- Knowledgeable of the proper use, handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Responsible for the proper execution of parts tags attached to repairable, serviceable or condemned parts.
- Interface effectively with members of management, other departments and co-workers.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the HSS Environmental Health & Safety Manual.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A & P License and/or two (2) years technician experience in an aviation related metal bond composite environment.
- Must provide own tools as required by Company Tool List.
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Experience using composite materials such as fiberglass, graphite and pre-preg materials