TIMCO Aviation Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at TIMCO Aviation Services
- Job ID
- Pos. Category
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Position Type
- Full Time - Direct
The Aircraft Painter is responsible to strip, paint and wash the aircraft. The Aircraft Painter shall paint and/or strip aircraft, assemblies, and parts, within estimated time and in accordance with applicable HAECO, FAA and customer work instructions without deviation. Additionally the Aircraft painter shall be responsible to:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Prepare aircraft for washing, stripping, paining and polishing.
2. Mix and apply paints in various quantities.
3. Set up and operate various types of paint spraying equipment.
5. Locate pounce patterns for registration numbers and lettering.
6. Follow all applicable specifications to accomplish a specific task.
7. Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
8. Perform work within estimated hours.
9. Follow all safety procedures and specifications.
10. Execute all required paperwork in connection with assigned normal duties.
11. Use and operate ground support equipment, as applicable and if qualified, ina a safe manner.
12. Work with little or no supervision and accomplish assignments with little or no rework.
13. Assist other employees in the performance of their job assignments through coaching, counseling, and guidance.
14. Interface effectively with members of management, other departments, and co-workers.
- Perform other work as instructed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Lead, if qualified.
2. Act as an Aircraft Painter Lead when required and if properly certificated and rostered.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) or more years experience performing as an aircraft painter or five (5) or more years in an industrial automotive paint environment.
- Must provide own tools as indicated on company tool list.
- Language (read, write, speak, and understand English)
FAA Airframe and Powerplant or FAA Airframe certificate.