Theraputic Alternatives, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supported Employment Paraprofessional
at Theraputic Alternatives, Inc.
- Job ID
- Regular Part-Time
- 2nd Shift
- Direct Care
- USD $13.00/Hr.
- USD $13.00/Hr.
Make a difference in someone’s life. Work one on one with a person with I/DD helping them to reach goals developed for individual needs to assist them to become as independent as possible. You could be working with them in a private home or a location in the community.
1. To receive, read, and be familiar with the Employee Handbook regards personnel Policies and Procedures for the agency.
2. Required knowledge, skills, abilities, and specific consumer competencies: Knowledge of basic principles of I/DD, ability to work with persons who may be different from me in areas of ability, age, economic status, socially, etc; empathy and understanding of consumer problems and ability to respond to these problems; ability to determine consumer needs; ability to engage with and build a rapport with the person served.
3. Become familiar with and implement the individual’s habilitation plan-the Individual Support Plan to address the individual’s identified goals according to the service definition.
4. Document the service provided in progress notes. The basic data included in these notes will include observations, consumer participation, and progress, behavior changes, or any pertinent information relating to the consumer. All documentation must be completed on the day the service is provided and completed in BLACK INK only. Use of “white-out” is not acceptable.
5. Adhere to company policy that prohibits taking a person supported to a private residence without written approval of administration or leaving consumer unattended in a vehicle or any other public place.
6. Submit all required documentation by the deadlines specified by the Supervisor.
7. Obtain and keep current all training required by the agency, according to the service provided and according to the individual’s needs. Understand that failure to renew training by date due will result in immediate removal from schedule until training is brought up-to-date.
8. Attend all mandatory staff meetings and consumer conferences or give advance notice to Supervisor as to reason(s)
for inability to attend.
9. Receive supervision from Supervisor/Qualified Professional (QP) or Associate Professionals (AP) grandfathered in as of waiver implementation of 3/31/12 at least quarterly and as needed either face-to-face, via phone, or group staff meetings.
10. All paraprofessionals or associate professionals will be supervised by a Qualified Professional in accordance with G.S. NCAC 27 G .0204.
11. Work only authorized hours unless specifically approved in advance by Supervisor/Administrator.
12. Report changes in person’s condition, family situation, or needs to the Supervisor.
13. Report any allegation of consumer abuse, neglect, or exploitation of consumer to Supervisor to be
investigated and an incident report to be completed, along with a report to the local DSS.
14. Report any destruction or theft of agency property to Supervisor.
15. Report any possible fraud against the consumer or agency to the Supervisor to be investigated.
16. Perform other duties as required by circumstances.
Must be at least 21 years old with High School Diploma or high school
equivalency (GED) and able to read, write, understand, and follow directions. Must meet the definition for paraprofessional or associate professional as in 10A NCAC 27G .0104(15). Persons who do not have 3 years experience and were employed at the implementation of this waiver may continue to provide supported employment to the same participant. Grandfathering applies to staff employed by a provider agency providing authorized Supported Employment or Long-Term Vocational Supports at the time the Prepaid Inpatient Health Plan (PIHP)/LMEs/MCOs and consumer transitioned to NC Innovations. Must have no substantiated findings on the NC Health Care Abuse Registry and not be listed on the HHS/OIG List of Excluded Individual/Entities. SBI and DMV records must meet the requirements of LME/MCO contracts.