Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Structural Project Engineer
Come to Terracon and discover what great looks like. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work with great people and work on great projects. At Terracon, you can have the opportunity to build a career focused on rewarding and exciting projects that help the community where you live.
At Terracon, working alongside great people, you will have the opportunity to build a career focused on rewarding and exciting projects that help the community where you live. We all work together as a team to make great things happen.
Safety is more than an initiative at Terracon – it is the way we do business. Our senior leadership is committed to making sure you remain safe while on the job, and hope that you carry these practices home with you as well. We’ll make sure that you are properly trained and have the necessary equipment to perform each job as safely as possible.
Terracon is seeking a Structural Engineer with specialized experience in the design, investigation, and rehabilitation of building structures. This position will support the existing office located in Greensboro, North Carolina, and to assist with the growth and diversification of our current business.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute work on a variety of projects including the structural design of new and existing building and non-building structures; the investigation of buildings for structural and materials failures, for condition assessments, and for analytical studies; analysis and design for the rehabilitation of existing and historic buildings.
- Work closely with a variety of clients, including Architects, Landscape Architects, Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Private and Public Company Owners, Local and State Government, Private and Public Educational Institutions, Recreational and Cultural Entities, Real Estate and Land Development, General Contractors, and Subcontractors.
- Carry out the design and preparation of construction documents that are related to the variety of projects within this office.
- Assist in the management or consultation on complex projects, providing relevant expertise to project teams and other service lines.
- Prepare and write reports that are professional in language with a logical presentation of technical ideas and recommendations.
- Collaborate with building engineering professionals including junior to senior level staff. Assist in the coordination of departmental personnel, equipment and technical experts across the company to complete assigned projects within schedule and budget constraints.
- May supervise and mentor younger, junior and/or less experienced Facilities division professionals to cross train on structural and building enclosure services.
- Active involvement in one or more technical/professional association.
- Participates in Group, Office, and Division business development efforts. Maintains the quality of service necessary for continued prosperous collaboration with clients.
- Play a leadership role in Terracon’s Southeast Regional area building facilities services.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in structural design, review, and assessments
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) or ability to attain licensure within one year of date of hire
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, B.S. in Architectural Engineering, or Bachelor of Architecture in Building Science/Building Enclosures/ Historic Preservation is preferred. MS degree is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Structural Project Engineer
Regular, Full Time
City, State (Office Location)
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.