Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Leasing Paralegal I
at Tanger Outlets
What does a Leasing Paralegal I look like at Tanger?
Under the supervision and direction of legal counsel, the Leasing Paralegal I will draft, review and negotiate licenses, leases (short-term and permanent) and other ancillary documents (such as relocation, termination and default notices and sign agreements.)
What are the key job duties for this position?
- Review lease request summarizing lease details provided from the Leasing department. Identify inconsistencies on lease request and work with Leasing Representative and/or Legal Management to resolve. Obtain all required approvals.
- Draft lease agreement based on the details provided in the lease request. Gather information needed, research and incorporate prior negotiated language (confirm any nonconforming language with Leasing Representative and Legal Management).
- Review retailer’s comments/requests. Discuss business points with Leasing Representative and offer suggestions to address both retailer’s concerns and the Company’s interests.
- Negotiate the open business and legal points with retailer’s legal contact and obtain internal approvals of negotiated solutions with leasing representative and legal management, as necessary.
- Revise document based on negotiations and direction from Leasing Representative and Legal Management, as necessary.
- Review executed document to ensure the form and content reflect negotiations and approvals and commence document execution process. If through this review and execution process language or exhibits need to be changed, obtain necessary approvals prior to execution by the Company.
- Maintain filing system for all fully executed documents, status of transaction in the Company’s tracking system (currently MRI) and spreadsheets and forms and database of standard fall back provisions for all agreements.
What are the necessary skills required for this position?
- Superior critical thinking, reading comprehension, and writing skills.
- Proven ability to interpret and analyze data, draw valid conclusions, and determine appropriate actions within standard or accepted practice.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of legal language and concepts in relation to real estate lease documents.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated and dependable with excellent time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, experience handling multiple projects, prioritizing workflow, and ability to meet deadlines, problem solve and work independently as well as in a team.
- Gain confidence of leaders across the organization by responding to requests accurately and promptly.
- Ability to adapt to changing business demands.
Are you qualified for the position?
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience negotiating and drafting legal documents or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Proven experience negotiating/drafting leases or licenses.
- Commercial landlord- tenant legal experience strongly preferred.
- Prior paralegal experience preferred.
- Experience working with DocuSign and/or MRI preferred.
Partner with Tanger Outlets and be a part of our extraordinary team!
Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. (NYSE: SKT), is a publicly-traded REIT headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina that presently operates and owns, or has an ownership interest in, a portfolio of 39 upscale outlet shopping centers. Tanger's operating properties are located in 20 states coast to coast and in Canada, totaling approximately 14.3 million square feet, leased to over 2,800 stores which are operated by more than 500 different brand name companies. The Company has more than 38 years of experience in the outlet industry. Tanger Outlet Centers continue to attract more than 181 million visitors annually. Tanger provides our shoppers the latest and most popular brands, at the best price anywhere. Tanger is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
EOE. Drug-free workplace. Excellent benefits. Competitive compensation based on experience. A background check will be conducted for this position.