Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Project Manager
at Tanger Outlets
What does a Project Manager look like at Tanger?
This position is responsible for coordinating IT projects and initiatives from evaluation to completion including up-front cost/ feasibility analysis, scope definition, scheduling and timeline management. A key function of this role will be to interface directly with business process stakeholders to identify requirements, manage expectations and regularly communicate project statuses.
What are the key job duties for this position?
- Lead, develop and direct Project Management processes and business analysis strategy to support company growth and implementation of all project initiatives.
- Overall process responsibility and vision for business requirements related to assigned project objectives.
- Evaluate development requests to determine best overall solution taking into consideration commercial (shrink-wrapped) options, pre-existing internally developed applications or, finally, a new internally developed solution.
- Work across the organization to prioritize the software development team backlog, while maintaining 2-3 sprints of a well-defined and refined user stories.
- Validate software requirements and designs with all stakeholders, facilitate and perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as required, and other related activities. Determine whether a product backlog item was satisfactorily delivered.
- Write and maintain detailed requirements that include defining the customer experience and identifying systems and processes that need to be enhanced. This includes the definition of use cases and user workflows. Work with the development team to define and document project requirements and deliverables including up-front storyboarding, flow-charting, etc.
- Represent the business and user voice in the software development process
- Responsible for being accessible and available to software engineers to answer process related questions and assist in removing impediments
- Organize tasks in logical sequences and identify required resources.
- Work with Director of Application development to develop release plans and organizational road-maps.
- Ensure transparency into the upcoming work of the product development team
- Keep stakeholders informed of status of projects and mediate any scope changes.
- Prepare budgets for larger projects, working to obtain best value for company; develops and reviews cost estimates for personnel requirements and external consulting projects.
- Advise management regarding the technical direction of Project Management projects, closely reviews, and ensures compliance with that direction.
- Forge strong relationships with all internal business partners
Are you qualified for this position?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent in a related field
- 4 Years’ experience in project management
- 2 Years' experience in Agile/Scrum environment
- PMP Certification strongly preferred
- Proven effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong consultative skills
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Validated experience of managing projects, budgets and rationalizing resource needs to senior leaders
Partner with Tanger Outlets and be a part of our extraordinary team!
Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. (NYSE: SKT), is a publicly-traded REIT headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina that presently operates and owns, or has an ownership interest in, a portfolio of 39 upscale outlet shopping centers. Tanger's operating properties are located in 20 states coast to coast and in Canada, totaling approximately 14.3 million square feet, leased to over 2,800 stores which are operated by more than 500 different brand name companies. The Company has more than 38 years of experience in the outlet industry. Tanger Outlet Centers continue to attract more than 181 million visitors annually. Tanger provides our shoppers the latest and most popular brands, at the best price anywhere. Tanger is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
EOE. Drug-free workplace. Excellent benefits. Competitive compensation based on experience. A background check will be conducted for this position.