Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Marketing
at Tanger Outlets
What does a Director of Marketing look like at Tanger?
As the Director of Marketing at Tanger Outlets, you assist the field management teams in strategic planning and execution of their marketing plans and programs. You assist the marketing team to identify, develop and plan promotions and programs that work towards our goal to drive sales and increase traffic to all Tanger properties. This ultimately contributes to making Tanger a First Choice destination, best in class shopping experience, and employer of choice.
What are the key job duties for this position?
- Analyze data to develop targeted marketing programs and events for traffic-driving strategies resulting in increased retailer sales, center traffic, and ROI.
- Thoroughly research promotions to ensure increased traffic to centers and/or additional revenue to marketing budgets.
- Analyze center sales and demographics and interpret data to identify solutions that build traffic/increase sales or to improve any marketing-related concerns derived from such data.
- Identify ways to improve the success/effectiveness of such promotions that will positively affect the company’s bottom line.
- Coordinate and improve national programming with an aim to improve field effectiveness and results.
- Provide leadership and guidance to field teams resulting in outstanding shopper experiences.
- Assist managers in creating, improving and executing local, regional, and national promotional programs to increase sales and make each customer’s shopping experience a pleasurable and valuable one.
- Guide and assist centers with special events, grand opening and groundbreakings as needed.
- Implement department policies and procedures. Hold field teams accountable for compliance.
- Communicate with field management, vendors and corporate team members; being highly accessible and responsive
- Provide detailed recaps for promotions/programs to senior staff upon each project’s completion and throughout the process. Communicate all relevant information and performance metrics or field personnel with appropriate corporate management teams.
- Assist corporate marketing in new manager training in SOP and marketing planning
- Develop and refine detailed implementation manuals for field managers to follow in order to successfully implement marketing promotions.
- Training and monitoring of the Shopper Service and Brand Standards
What are the competencies required for this position?
- Ability to utilize data analytics of digital platforms for effective marketing planning.
- Ability to foster positive relationships with corporate, field, retailers, vendors and local community. Ability to motivate and inspire field management teams to success.
- Ability to elevate programmatic efforts and marketing standards of operations, enduring proper structure and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and accurately communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Must be a strategic and creative thinker that can execute and drive business results.
- Solid attention to detail with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Understanding of budget adherence; anticipating budget needs and work within parameters of company constraints and guide others accordingly.
Are you qualified for this position?
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent education plus experience) and 5-10 years’ experience in a leadership role in marketing.
- Shopping center or retail experience.
- Master's Degree and 10 years’ experience in a leadership role in shopping center marketing
- Shopping center experience in the outlet industry
Partner with Tanger Outlets and be a part of our extraordinary team!
Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. (NYSE: SKT), is a publicly-traded REIT headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina that presently operates and owns, or has an ownership interest in, a portfolio of 39 upscale outlet shopping centers. Tanger's operating properties are located in 20 states coast to coast and in Canada, totaling approximately 14.3 million square feet, leased to over 2,800 stores which are operated by more than 500 different brand name companies. The Company has more than 38 years of experience in the outlet industry. Tanger Outlet Centers continue to attract more than 181 million visitors annually. Tanger provides our shoppers the latest and most popular brands, at the best price anywhere. Tanger is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
EOE. Drug-free workplace. Excellent benefits. Competitive compensation based on experience. A background check will be conducted for this position.