Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting/Finance/Internal Audit Intern
at Tanger Outlets
2020 Accounting/Finance/Internal Audit Intern
Are you a critical thinker looking to gain hands-on exposure in Accounting, Finance, and Internal Audit in a corporate setting? Are you looking to work with talented professionals in your field of study?
What does an Accounting/Finance/Internal Audit Intern at Tanger Outlets do?
The internship is split between Accounting, Finance and Internal Audit during the months of May through August. Job duties vary based on business needs.
- Perform various monthly and quarterly closing schedules during the process of “closing the books”
- Analyze general ledger statements for various accounts for accuracy of transactions recorded
- Responsible for the downloading of cash register data from the Company’s mall office cash registers to the general ledger system at the corporate office (transactions include gift card sales, coupon books sales, stroller rentals, etc.)
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of certain bank accounts
- Perform accounting research related to SEC disclosures from “best practices” standpoint, as necessary
- Prepare tenant and prospect credit reviews working with Leasing and Legal departments
- Maintain priority list of credit review requests and expirations with particular attention to the Company’s Top 25 Tenant list
- Monitor market conditions and stay abreast of tenant credit worthiness
- Prepare various monthly and quarterly credit and risk reports for executive distribution
- Summarize recommendations for streamlining related analysis and improving connectivity
- Perform testing procedures in support of the Company’s Sarbanes Oxley and COSO compliance requirements
- Participate as a team member on Internal Audit engagements
- Provide consulting services (analysis, process improvement, research, etc.) to other departments as necessary
Tanger interns are required to participate in a panel for the Executive Leadership Team at the end of the internship.
Am I qualified to apply for an Accounting/Internal Audit Intern position?
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate accounting program at a state accredited university and have completed at least two accounting courses
- Must have strong computer skills including an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Proactive problem prevention and issue resolution required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong problem-solving skills required
- Beta Alpha Psi membership is preferred but not required
- No prior accounting experience necessary
Partner with Tanger Outlets and be a part of our progressive and unique team!
Tanger Outlets may provide relocation or housing assistance to interns who live outside of a 10 - 15 mile radius of the corporate office.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
EOE. Drug Free Workplace. A background check will be conducted for this position. Tanger Management, LLC participates in E-Verify.