Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operating Room Registered Nurse
- # of Openings
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Facility Description: Greensboro Specialty Surgical Center is a multi-specialty facility that performs outpatient procedures. The facility operates Monday-Friday from 7:00 am. to 5:00 pm.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Operating Room Nurse is responsible for providing therapeutic, effective patient/family centered care according to physician order, in compliance with the philosophy of the facility, standards of practice and regulation of governing policies.
- Assesses, plans, evaluates, and ensures the implementation of the patient’s critical pathway to achieve identified outcomes
- Demonstrates continued competence in assessing, treating, and caring for individuals based upon age-specific needs utilizing a developmental perspective
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified of position, following and remaining in compliance with administrative medical and nursing policies and procedures
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up to date information in accordance with established standards
- Adheres to established surgery center safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation
- Demonstrates the importance of continuing education to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in profession.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement process and activities including the areas of Safety, Infection Control, Patient Education/Teaching, documentation, adherence to guidelines for cleaning/decontamination of the Operating Room, adherence to guidelines for sterilization of instruments and supplies, patient satisfaction, physician satisfaction, compliance with OSHA standards and risk management
- Maintains accurate records of controlled substances
- Receives and documents physician orders
- Knowledgeable about Medical Staff Privileges
Licenses or Certificates:
- Current licensure to practice in North Carolina or compact states including South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification for full time Nurses within 60 days of completion
Education, Vocational Training, and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor Nursing degree
- Minimum of 2 years Operating Room experience preferred
Please send resumes to email@example.com