Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Surgical Technician
- # of Openings
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Facility Description: Greensboro Specialty Surgical Center is a multi-specialty facility that performs outpatient procedures. The facility operates Monday-Friday from 7:00 am. to 5:00 pm.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Certified Surgical Technicians assist in surgical operations under the supervision of surgeons, registered nurses or other surgical personnel.
- Delivers safe patient care as directed by the RN and according to facility policy and procedure
- Demonstrates ability to respond to patient care and unit needs in an emergency situation
- Utilizes safe practices
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position
- Assists with gowning and gloving other members of the surgical team
- Assists with the preparation of the OR for surgical procedures
- Assists with skin preparations and with draping of patients
- Knows and practices the principles and techniques of sterile technique
- Handles specimens in accordance with policy and procedures
- Removes drapes at end of procedure, cleanses the patients of prep solution and applies dressings as needed
- Cleans instruments and equipment after use and returns in to the proper area for storage and processing
- Differentiates sterilization methods required for specific instruments and equipment
- Participates in sponge, instrument, and needle count with the circulating nursed
- Demonstrates ability to understand and uses autoclaves, scope washers and sonic washers
Licenses or Certificates:
- Graduate of operating room technician program
- Current BLS certification
- Certified in Surgical Technology
Education, Vocational Training, and Experience
- 2 years of experience preferred
Please send resumes to email@example.com