Spare Time Entertainment
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Spare Time Entertainment
The Company: Working at Spare Time is different than working anywhere else. Why? Because we're serious about having fun! The work is fast paced and the atmosphere is awesome. All of our locations are slightly different, but we're all united in fulfilling our mission - To Create Memorable Experiences, Every Guest, Every Visit. Our Crew members work as a team and provide a key part to the overall Spare Time customer experience with great service, great food & drinks.
"Your smile is your logo, your personality is your business card, and how you leave others feeling after an experience with you becomes your trademark!”
Position Summary: The kitchen manager is responsible for the overall operations for the back of house and kitchen area of a restaurant. Kitchen managers hire staff, purchase food and stock, and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques.
- Order supplies, food and ingredients based on rapidly shifting demand
- Hire and train kitchen staff in specific stations, and cross-train as necessary
- Create schedules for kitchen staff to ensure there are always enough workers to meet the demand, particularly for the lunch rush
- Maintain inventory levels and conduct full weekly inventory
- Schedule and oversee necessary maintenance and repairs on kitchen appliances
- Assist the Restaurant Manager with menu changes and adjustments based on seasonal availability
- Respond personally to guest questions and complaints
- Be a vibrant, smart, engaging, fun loving rock star!
- Five + yrs of previous supervisory experience desirable.
- Five + yrs of work experience in a food service environment.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of bar and kitchen equipment, safety and health standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of employees, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to safely bend, reach and properly lift cartons/objects up to 50 pounds.
- Love making people happy with food!
- Are passionate about food and take pride in quality food and amazing plate presentation
- Can motivate and train others without losing their cool
- Understand how to control food and labor costs
- Are willing to jump in to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Can oversee a fast-paced kitchen
- Realize the importance of compliance with health regulations.