Schnabel Engineering, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Hydrology/Hydraulics Engineer
at Schnabel Engineering, Inc.
Schnabel is an employee-owned, professional consulting firm that focuses on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in dam, geotechnical, geostructural, and tunnel engineering. Schnabel’s high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities they live in and support, are a vital part of who they are and what they offer. Founded in 1956, Schnabel has experienced tremendous success and growth through its dedication to excellence in client service, high quality, and value-added solutions. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm and Top 10 Dams and Reservoirs Design Firm with 330 employees in 19 offices throughout the United States and headquartered in Richmond, Virginia.
Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides employees with a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, life and disability. Engagement in Schnabel’s wellness program offers incentives for employees to pursue a healthy lifestyle, and the firm rewards employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Are you looking for compelling and meaningful work, a fun and flexible atmosphere, and opportunities to learn, grow, and advance your career to a higher level? If so, then welcome to Schnabel! We approach problems with creativity and innovation with an underlying commitment to technical excellence. The Greensboro, NC office of Schnabel Engineering is seeking a senior-level, well-qualified and experienced engineer with expertise in Hydrology and Hydraulics to join our dams practice in the region. We are looking for a motivated candidate with attention to detail, a passion to continue to develop as a professional, and a desire to be part of a strong team.
- Manage a team of engineers and scientists
- Collaborate with other senior personnel in the office and firm-wide
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Responsible for project management
- Mentor junior staff and participate in training efforts for internal staff
- Manage business development and proposal preparation
- Perform analyses and evaluations and write technical engineering reports
- Serve as senior reviewer for technical work performed by others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university, Master’s Degree with specialization in Water Resources Engineering is preferred
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, preferably with emphasis in the following areas:
- watershed analyses and flood routing,
- statistical analyses of rainfall and streamflow data
- hydraulic design of channels, spillways and other hydraulic / flood control structures
- floodplain mapping and FEMA LOMR/ CLOMR documentation
- groundwater modelling
- hydrologic model calibration
- 2D and 3D hydraulic modeling