Schnabel Engineering, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dam Resident Engineer
at Schnabel Engineering, Inc.
Schnabel is an employee-owned, professional consulting firm that focuses on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in dam, geotechnical, geostructural, and tunnel engineering. Schnabel’s high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities they live in and support, are a vital part of who they are and what they offer. Founded in 1956, Schnabel has experienced tremendous success and growth through its dedication to excellence in client service, high quality, and value-added solutions. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm and Top 10 Dams and Reservoirs Design Firm with 330 employees in 19 offices throughout the United States and headquartered in Richmond, Virginia.
Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides employees with a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, life and disability. Engagement in Schnabel’s wellness program offers incentives for employees to pursue a healthy lifestyle, and the firm rewards employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Are you looking for interesting and meaningful work, a fun and flexible atmosphere, and opportunities to learn, grow, and excel? If so, then welcome to Schnabel! We approach problems with creativity and innovation. Schnabel Engineering is currently seeking a Resident Engineer/Resident Project Representative for medium to long-term assignments at project sites. This position is sought for multiple upcoming construction projects. We are looking for a motivated candidate with attention to detail, a passion to continue to develop as a professional, and a desire to be part of and help support a strong team.
- Leads the Owner’s Construction Management Team on-site
- Interface with Owner management, Schnabel home office engineering staff, and Contractor
- Directs CM Team activities, leads periodic meetings required by Contract Documents, and produces required documentation
- Tracks physical progress, schedule, quality control, and budget
- Aids in reviewing and negotiating change orders, as required
- Implements project contract management software and document management system to effectively capture and organize project reporting and correspondence
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, or related discipline, or 10+ years of relevant experience in heavy civil or dam/water resource related construction
- Construction management experience on large projects involving tunnels, dams, or other heavy civil components, with increasing level of responsibility
- Ability to perform and understand applicable ASTM requirements for large earthwork projects, preferably dams (specifically related to soils and aggregates)
- Ability to perform and understand ACI concrete testing protocol for reinforced concrete, preferably for hydraulic structures
- Ability to effectively and efficiently interpret technical design drawings associated with reinforced concrete, earthwork, and erosion control
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative approach to construction contract management
- Ability to travel and relocate to project sites for extended periods
- Ability to work in remote locations and physically navigate rough terrain
- Ability to climb ladders for inspection of formwork and reinforcement in concrete structures
- FE (EIT) and ability to obtain PE license (highly preferred)
- Proficient with contract management and scheduling software such as Oracle’s Primavera Contract Management platform
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is required. No visa sponsorship will be provided
- Ability to pass a background check which may include criminal history, motor vehicle record and credit check
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random ongoing drug screening
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability