RK & K
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager , Transportation Engineering
at RK & K
RK&K is hiring a Project Manager with 10 years of experience designing and leading transportation (highway, roadway, drainage) related projects in our beautiful Greensboro NC office.
- Provide management of roadway engineering projects and major task assignments, including preparation and monitoring of scope, budget and schedule
- Market and coordinate with clients to discuss progress and obtain feedback and direction. Prepare detailed proposals for engineering services
- Lead and direct the planning and design of roadway transportation projects
- Perform engineering tasks. Responsible for business development
- Direct project staff and sub-consultants
- Participate in industry and networking groups
- Review and certify engineering documents to meet quality control goals and standards of care
- Participate in community outreach tasks
- Serve as a primary liaison with clients
- Facilitate internal and client meetings, presentations and approval of plans
Required Experience and Functional Skills:
- 10 years of experience leading Public and Private sector highway and/or water resources projects preferably in the state of North Carolina
- 10 years of hands on Design and Engineering of similar projects
- Excellent oral, written communication skills as well as presentation ability
- Experience and contacts within the North Carolina Department of Transportation
- High level of proficiency in MicroStation, GEOPAK/OpenRoads, InRoads and AutoCAD
- In depth understanding of Highway Design Standards, MUTCD, FHWA, NCDOT, AASHTO and other highway design manuals and guidelines
Required Education and Certifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Management, or related field and ten (10) years of experience in the offered role or in transportation planning or design experience
- Professional Engineering (P.E) registration required
- Membership in a national professional organization
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has excellent potential for career advancement. We proudly offer an attractive salary package commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, company health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances as well as a 401-k plan with company matching.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.