RK & K
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Engineer , Transportation
at RK & K
RK&K is currently hiring Transportation Engineers in beautiful Greensboro, NC. The Project Engineer, Transportation will perform engineering and design tasks as an experienced contributor to the project team. Performing the design and preparation of a variety of Highway/Roadway projects while adhering to RK&K’s QC/QA guidelines.
- Perform a wide variety of engineering tasks including concept designs, traffic control designs, roadway & highway designs, streetscapes, complete streets, profiles, geometric layouts, cross sections, intersections, interchanges, bicycle/pedestrian facilities, contract plans, cost estimates and specifications;
- Perform engineering planning and analysis including preparation of conceptual road plans and alternatives analysis for new transportation systems or retrofits to existing systems, design alteration and modification of existing transportation systems to improve safety or function, prepare alternatives analyses reports for concept roadway improvements;
- Apply North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) and AASHO design criteria, regulatory requirements, standards and processes
- Coordinate with and present to clients, contractors, consultants, government agencies, project staff and community members
- Work in a collaborative environment with a diverse, multi-disciplined project team
Required Technical and Functional Skills:
- Five (5) to Eight (8) years of progressive experience in similar roles
- In depth understanding of Highway Design Standards, MUTCD, AASHTO, Local DOT and other highway design manuals and guidelines
- Proficiency in MicroStation, GEOPAK/OpenRoads, InRoads and/or AutoCAD Civil3D
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
Required Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) License or ability to obtain in 6 months
- Capability of leading transportation design projects in a dynamic, fast paced/team-oriented environment
- Project Management/Leadership Training
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May lift or move banker boxes, paper, books, and office equipment up to twenty-five pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to type, file or lift office supplies up to twenty-five pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, talk and listen.
Some local travel to project sites may be necessary.
RK&K ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information, require special assistance for persons with disabilities, or limited English proficiency, you may contact Human Resources at (410)728-2900.