RK & K
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inspector - Roadway
at RK & K
Position Title: Inspector - Roadway
Location: Greensboro and Winston-Salem, NC Areas
Ranked 68th on ENR’s 2019 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, RK&K is a design and construction management firm specializing in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions, to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,400 employees as a professional, RK&K has received countless recognition for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
We are seeking dedicated and strong Inspectors for our wide range of projects throughout NC. RK&K also hires those with related experience such as contractor, military, surveyor, and we will train!
- Multitask management of project assignments
- Conduct field inspections
- Use of IPads and Shareplus are required in North Carolina by all inspectors to document your work
Required Education and Experience
- At least four (4) years of roadway inspection experience for highway construction methods, materials, standards and specifications.
Preferred Education and Experience
NCDOT Certifications Preferred:
- NCDOT Erosion & Sediment Control Level II
- NCDOT Introduction to Asphalt Pavements
- NCDOT QMS Roadway Technician
- NCDOT Concrete Field Technician
- ACI Concrete Field Technician
- NCDOT ABC Sampling Technician
- NCDOT Borrow Pit Sampling Technician
- NCDOT Conventional Density Technician
- NICET Certifications
- Valid driver’s license and favorable driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has excellent potential for career advancement. We proudly offer an attractive salary package commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, company health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances as well as a 401-k plan with company matching.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.