Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sanitation Operator, Fresh Dough Facility
at Panera Bread
Sanitation Operators ensure that the equipment utilized to make our crave-able, delicious dough that is delivered fresh to our local bakery-cafes is safe and clean for daily use. Sanitation Operators are responsible for disassembling, cleaning, sanitizing, and re-assembling all manufacturing and storage equipment in the facility in preparation for daily food production.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in a food manufacturing or wholesale bakery is preferred
- Familiarity with GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices), food safety and sanitation (i.e. HACCP, AIB, SQF), is preferred
- Ability to work with limited supervision is required
- Proven ability to work independently while performing a variety of production tasks
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends and holidays based on business need
Essential Physical Requirements
The following physical requirements must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation. The work environment requires tolerance to variations in temperature, wet conditions in dishwashing area, exposure to food products, and manufacturing equipment that includes a variety of controls and mechanisms.
- Ability to manipulate equipment utilizing manual dexterity
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions
- Ability to push and lift items with varying degrees of weight. Occasional pushing of cabinets up to 400 pounds with or without assistance is required
- Ability to perform repetitive motion movements with upper extremities
With more than 2,000 Panera LLC and independent franchise bakery-cafes in the Panera Bread® family, and more locations opening all the time, it’s no wonder our company has been an excellent source of career and personal growth opportunities for more than 25 years.
In neighborhoods across the U.S. and Canada, customers enjoy flavorful, handcrafted meals centered around freshly baked artisan bread. To us, that means serving food like we serve our own families – free of any of the items on our ‘No No’ List.
Along the way, we also like to give back to our community. We enjoy working together, shoulder to shoulder with our customers, to confront a serious problem plaguing communities across this country – Hunger. Through our Panera Cares community cafes, we offer a dignified dining experience in an uplifting environment. In addition, we support our communities through day-end donations at our bakery-cafe locations and partner with local non-profit organizations.
It’s this warmth that you’ll find when you join Panera Bread. From our competitive compensation and benefits packages to our unique cultural values, we’re confident you’ll find us a rewarding and fun place to work.