Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Class A CDL Driver, Fresh Dough Facility
at Panera Bread
Drivers ensure that our freshly made-from-scratch dough products reach their assigned bakery cafes on a daily basis. Drivers are responsible for loading and unloading rolling filled bakery cabinets utilizing reefer units and lift gates onto well-maintained, clean vehicles and into assigned bakery-cafes. Drivers perform safe, efficient on time driving to ensure that bakery cafes have accurate and timely dough to begin the baking process. Drivers utilize local routes during their assigned shifts without any required over the road trips to return home to their family and friends each and every morning. Drivers must be willing to work flexible hours, including overnights and weekends based on business need.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Minimum of 1 year CDL-A tractor trailer driving experience is required
- Valid Class A CDL license is required; a doubles endorsement is preferred
- Ability to obtain a 1 year DOT medical card upon employment
- Ability to successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment driving, criminal and drug test
- Basic math skills
- Proven ability to work independently while performing a variety of production tasks
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends and holidays based on business need
Essential Physical Requirements
The following physical requirements must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation. The work environment requires tolerance to variations in temperature, exposure to food products, and working conditions both inside and outside, exposing the worker to different weather conditions and surfaces.
- Ability to manipulate equipment utilizing manual dexterity
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions
- Ability to push and lift items with varying degrees of weight. Occasional pushing of cabinets up to 400 pounds with or without assistance is required
- Ability to perform repetitive motion movements with upper extremities
With more than 2,000 Panera LLC and independent franchise bakery-cafes in the Panera Bread® family, and more locations opening all the time, it’s no wonder our company has been an excellent source of career and personal growth opportunities for more than 25 years.
In neighborhoods across the U.S. and Canada, customers enjoy flavorful, handcrafted meals centered around freshly baked artisan bread. To us, that means serving food like we serve our own families – free of any of the items on our ‘No No’ List.
Along the way, we also like to give back to our community. We enjoy working together, shoulder to shoulder with our customers, to confront a serious problem plaguing communities across this country – Hunger. Through our Panera Cares community cafes, we offer a dignified dining experience in an uplifting environment. In addition, we support our communities through day-end donations at our bakery-cafe locations and partner with local non-profit organizations.
It’s this warmth that you’ll find when you join Panera Bread. From our competitive compensation and benefits packages to our unique cultural values, we’re confident you’ll find us a rewarding and fun place to work.