Metals USA Holdings Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Saw Machine Operator
at Metals USA Holdings Corp
Job TitleSaw Machine Operator
Area of InterestSkilled Labor
High School Graduate or Equivalent
Basic reading and writing comprehension in English (to read work order instructions, safety and policy manuals)
Basic measuring skills to read English & Metric systems and a tape measure, caliper or micrometer
Basic arithmetic skills to calculate and convert decimals and fractions
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows software (for loading up design to be burned)
Minimum one (1) year experience as a machine operator
Knowledge of matching procedures
Experience operating an overhead crane / forklift operator
Demonstrated manual dexterity, finger dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, and multi-limb coordination
Detail oriented, able to multi-task
Metals USA offers a competitive starting salary and benefits package
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Metals USA Plates & Shapes, Inc -- Greensboro, NC
Position: Saw Machine Operator
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: 2nd Shift
Metals USA - Plates & Shapes Division is a solid, growth oriented carbon steel distribution center servicing the defense, commercial construction, road construction and fabrication industries.
The Saw Operator, under limited supervision, regularly performs routine to moderately advanced production activities requiring demonstrated skill and competency in production processes and machine operation acquired through an apprenticeship and/or considerable training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Positions work pieces for processing, operating a single point machine to process work pieces by cutting, sawing and grinding.
- Uses gauges, calipers indicators or rulers for measurement.
- Programs machine from standard drawing file.
- Operates overhead crane
- Determines processing specifications such as materials, tool requirements, dimensions and tolerances by reviewing blueprints, orders, or other written specifications.
- Installs and aligns specified blades, and fixtures using gauges, templates, feelers, shims or hand tools.
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Adjusts controls to set cutting speed, depth and feed rates.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies or work pieces.
- Complies with company and OSHA safety policies and safe work practices.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required to perform the duties of a saw operator.
- Adheres to Reliance Steel and Aluminum's Code of Conduct as well as customer confidentiality requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Occupation requires physical activity more than 75% of the time (> 7.0 hours per day)
- Stand, walk, sit, handling/fingering, reach outward, reach above shoulder, climb, squat or kneel or bend
- Lift, carry, push and/or pull 51 -- 100 lbs. with assistance
Other Physical Requirements:
Must wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Steel-toed boots,
- Hard hats with chin strap; chin strap must be worn at all times while on elevated surfaces in the warehouse
- Hand protection
- Arm guards/sleeves
- Hearing protection if required by the hearing conservation program
May be exposed to some of the following working conditions.
- Environmental temperature changes hot & cold
- Working inside and outside of an industrial warehouse
- Moderate to loud noise levels
- Oils, dust, fumes and metallic particles
- Day and night shifts