Metals USA Holdings Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Handler/Truck Loader
at Metals USA Holdings Corp
Job TitleMaterial Handler/Truck Loader
Area of InterestWarehouse
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Basic arithmetic skills to calculate and convert decimals and fractions
- Ability to comprehend oral and written communication
- Basic reading and writing comprehension in English (to read instructions, work orders, safety and policies manuals)
- Proficient measuring skills and the ability to read measuring tapes, micrometers and calipers
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and documents, blueprints
- Industrial warehouse experience preferred
- Experience working with Heavy Equipment preferred
- Overhead Crane/forklift experience required
- Detail Oriented with ability to inspect material for quality
Metals USA offers a competitive starting salary and benefits package
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Metals USA -- Plates & Shapes, Inc -- Greensboro, NC
Position Title: Material Handler/Truck Loader
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: 1st Shift
Metals USA - Plates & Shapes Division is a solid, growth oriented carbon steel distribution center servicing the defense, commercial construction, road construction and fabrication industries.
The Material Handler/Truck Loader under limited supervision performs duties related to the storage and movement of inventory or equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receives, places/returns items into stock inventory locations.
- Tags materials for proper identification.
- Pulls and assembles customer orders in order of delivery.
- Operates yard truck for the purpose of loading and unloading trailers.
- Operates cranes to load/unload trailers
- Operates forklift (5k or 10k) to load/unload trailers.
- Securing loaded material into truck and may load and unload materials.
- Checks to ensure proper material and quantities has been loaded and/or received.
- Completes and documents production and quality paperwork; follow shop system data collection procedures.
- Performs tasks that include grinding and using an oxy fuel torch.
- Maintains work areas in a clean, orderly and safe manner, including the return of tools and equipment to designated areas.
- Assures all machine operation centers are timely loaded with material for production.
- Notifies management of product discrepancies, equipment malfunctions and/or personal injuries.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
- Adheres to Reliance Steel and Aluminum Code of Conduct as well as customer confidentiality requirements.
- Restocks material
- Performs other duties as related or assigned.
- Valid OSHA Forklift Certification
- Valid Overhead Crane Certification
Occupation requires physical activity more than 66% of the time (> 5.5 hours per day)
- Stand, walk, sit, handling/fingering, reach outward, reach above shoulder, climb, squat or kneel or bend
- Lift, carry, push and/or pull 51 -- 100 lbs. with assistance
- Must use 3 points of contact when going up and down a flatbed of the truck. Must use the company approved platform ladders
Other Physical Requirements:
Must wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Steel-toed boots,
- Hard hat with chin strap; chin strap must be worn at all times while on elevated surfaced in the warehouse
- Protective eyewear
- Hand protection
- Arm guards/sleeves
- Hearing protection if required by the hearing conservation program
May be exposed to some of the following working conditions.
- Environmental temperature changes hot & cold, rain snow and wind
- Working inside and outside of the warehouse
- Moderate to loud noise levels
- Oils, dust, fumes and metallic particles
- Day and night shifts