Mayville Engineering Company Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate Account Engineer
at Mayville Engineering Company Inc
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Our growing company is seeking to hire a Corporate Account Engineer who will be responsible for managing all engineering and commercial aspects of MEC’s relationships with our key client, Volvo Trucks. So, what does this mean? In this role, you will establish and maintain a strategic partnership with the customer through timely and accurate communication, product design support, maintaining in-depth knowledge of engineering, sales, quality, and production activities.
A role like this comes with some important responsibilities, some of those responsibilities include:
- Providing engineering support with product manufacturability, fit/function, cost targets, performance requirements, and GD&T.
- Working with customers and manufacturing sites on product design, manufacturing processes, projects to support continuous improvement goals, and commercial sales issues.
- Executing the Commercial Vehicle strategic sales plan within MEC’s core competencies, capacities, and resources.
- Working with estimating to coordinate and track quoting activity.
- Developing sales strategies, ideas, and plans.
- Preparing and presenting sales forecasts.
- Travelling to customer sites, typically once a week.
- Travelling to MEC’s manufacturing facilities, typically twice a month.
- Ensuring that our customer receives exceptional communication related to project management, quality, delivery, continuous improvement, cost initiatives, and commercial sales issues.
Why Work for MEC?
We don’t want to brag, but we are honored to be the largest fabricator in the nation for 8 years in a row. That recognition isn’t handed out without a lot of hard work and dedication from the 3,000 employee shareholders at MEC. Did we say shareholders? YES! MEC is a 100% employee-owned company that is highly involved and actively supports the communities in which our facilities are located.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining, Welding, Coating, and Value-Added Assembly services to a variety of markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining, Automotive, and Power Generation companies. We continue to have an aggressive growth plan, operating 19 manufacturing facilities that are strategically located near its customers in eight states
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
Ideal candidates will have an engineering background, specific experience in product development and project management as well as general manufacturing experience. We are looking for candidates who have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or 3-5 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be a solid and tenacious communicator who is dedicated to making things happen.
Come explore all of the opportunities MEC has to offer. We would love to hear from you!